Blackwalnut is an Emmy Award winning fabricator of scenic environments for television, exhibits, live events and theatre looking to add talent to our paint department. Go to blackwalnut.tv to learn more about the company.
Painters at Blackwalnut are often the finishers of the shop, making our client’s visions come to life. They are skilled in creating high-end finishes which include but are not limited to prep work, faux finish, scenic paint, HVLP spray, and automotive. Working under our lead scenic, painters are expected to be tasked with a job and see it through to the end. Coming from diverse art backgrounds, our painters each have unique skills they bring to the table, and with each new hire our capabilities expand. We’d love to hear what skills you feel you can bring to the table!
We’re searching for applicants with the following:
• At least (1) year of professional/academic painting experience
• Familiarity with theatre and/or entertainment
• Familiarity with standard paint tools
• Ability to take direction and follow procedures
• Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities while maintaining a positive attitude
• Strong attention to detail while on tight timelines
• Ability to collaborate with others
• Continual strive to learn more and achieve a superior product
Other desirable skills are:
• Experience in high-end surface prep and finishing
• Experience in HVLP spraying
• Experience in faux finishing
• Knowledge of color theory/mixing
• Tool maintenance and repair
Blackwalnut LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
$20 per hour
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org