Ogunquit Playhouse, Ogunquit, Maine seeks experienced SCENIC PAINTER for our 6-production 2020 Mainstage Season and Children’s Theater shows. Approximate dates of employment: April – November, 2020.
Ideal Candidate: Must be detail-oriented and remain focused in a fast paced working environment with some non-traditional hours. Experienced, exceptional painting skills are required.
• Create samples with Resident Scenic Charge from renderings and reference materials, while also keeping a detailed log of procedure and recipe for future duplication.
• Work independently, and professionally with a team as required.
• Be prepared to work in a fast-paced environment with occasional non-traditional hours.
• Ability to keep and maintain and clean and organized work space
• Basic knowledge and use of tried and true scenic techniques required.
• A working knowledge of mixing and matching colors.
• Work from paint elevations and reference material.
• A working knowledge of sculpting/carving foam.
• A working knowledge in theatrical procedures, scenic painting tools and products.
• Ability to lift or maneuver 50+ lbs., as well as climb ladders and work in high places
Please send letter, resume, portfolio and references to Amanda Woodward, Production Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include 2020 SCENIC PAINTER in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com