The Rev Theatre Co. (Formerly FLMTF/MGR) seeks a qualified Scenic Painter for our 2020 season, including ‘Rocky’, ‘Witness Uganda’, ‘State Fair’ and ‘Buddy: The Buddy Holly Story’
Reports to the Production Manager (PM) and Technical Director (TD).
Those encouraged to apply: Self-motivated individuals with strong scenic painting skill and prior experience leading a paint staff. Preferred candidates will have prior scenic painting and/or scenic charge experience working at a professional theatre.
• Supervises, coordinates and participates in the painting of sets for the Summer Season and Youth Tour.
• Supervises Scenic Artist and other staff assigned to paint.
• Oversees purchase of all paints and paint supplies and remains within budget unless authorized by the PM.
• Attends production meetings and other meetings as scheduled by the TD or PM.
• Evaluate the need for overhire and communicate those needs to the PM in a timely manner.
• Oversees upkeep and general maintenance of all paint work areas.
• Punctual and stays on schedule. Keeps supervisors informed of progress and asks for help when needed.
• Maintains excellent communication to facilitate the organization’s continuing functionality.
• Performs the essential job functions safely, successfully, and consistently with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Maintains regular, punctual attendance.
• Has the ability to lift 50 pounds.
• Is comfortable working at heights from Genie lifts, ladders and scaffolding.
• Any other duties as assigned by the PM or TD.
Pay is $560 per week plus housing. Job dates are 5/11/2020 – 9/19/2020. Please submit a cover letter, resume and three references to Michael Iannelli, Production Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Interviews will begin in the second week of January*