05/22/24 – 08/08/24
SCENIC CHARGE ARTIST
Individual will interpret the scenic renderings and paint elevations and lead/teach/work alongside apprentices to bring the design to life. The charge scenic artist will work closely with the designer to complete the scenery as designed for the production. Ideal candidate is skilled in color theory and mixture, texture, preparation and aging of all surfaces. Must be able to produce paint samples as needed.
Additionally, the individual will:
– Charge the implementation of the scenic designer’s artistic vision for the show’s needs, working both solo and with a dedicated swing technician on larger projects, i.e. drops and stage treatments.
– Maintaining the paints stock and supply, anticipating needs, and organizing the inventory at the conclusion of summer.
– Assisting with the company load-in, strikes, and load-outs.
Contract Dates: May 29 – August 8, 2024
Contract Salary: $4,675
Company additionally provides:
-Private bedroom housing
-Travel stipend or round trip air
-Weekly gas stipend, if driving
-Nightly dinners, when students in
To be considered for a position at SSTI, please email the following materials with your name and the job title in the subject heading of the email to:
– Resume with three references
– Portfolio or website (if applicable)
Please visit summertheatreinstitute.com/jobs for complete job breakdowns with FAQs, sample schedules, and more.
To apply for this job email your details to info@SummerTheatreInstitute.com
About Southeastern Summer Theatre Institute
For seventeen incredible summers, the Southeastern Summer Theatre Institute has welcomed extraordinary high school theatre students from across the US to beautiful Hilton Head Island, South Carolina for a month-long professional theatre experience that shapes these young people as both performers and people. A staff member at SSTI is more than just an industry professional. You're a mentor, a teacher, and a valued member of a community that values integrity, fun, and passion.
Come see why SSTI Feels Like Home.