Full-time $40,000 – $45,000 / year
DESCRIPTION: The Scenic Charge is responsible for the safe and timely planning, execution and completion of all scenic elements for Riverside Theatre productions. The Scenic Charge in collaboration with the Production Manager, and Technical Director will be responsible for managing their department’s budgets and coordinating schedules. This position requires advanced skills in all facets of scenic painting and leading a crew of artists.
• Maintain positive attitude, possess strong leadership skills, high level of organizational, communication, problem solving skills and ability to work well in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines.
• Minimum 4 years in professional theatre settings and strong leadership experience.
• Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
• Must have extensive knowledge in a wide variety of paint techniques. Drop painting experience strongly desired.
• Experience with sprayers, including pneumatic, airless, and HVLP.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Uphold the Core Values of Riverside Theatre.
• Supervise the maintenance of all paint equipment, ordering of necessary paint shop supplies, general cleaning and organization of paint shop.
• Assist Production Manager in assigning seasonal paint staff to additional duties throughout the season.
• Address paint notes in performance reports as assigned.
• Communicate effectively with designers and directors in order to achieve desired artistic goals.
• Ability to lead all Riverside projects through completion and supervise seasonal and project based staff.
• Competent with layout methods.
• Assist with in-house benefit performances, rentals, lectures and special events as assigned.
• Read rehearsal and performance reports and respond to any reported problems and be readily available for any troubleshooting.
• Attend meetings, rehearsals and events as needed.
• Recognize and communicate with Production Manager on logistical or budgetary concerns.
• Assist the Technical Director in planning and executing all Production Department projects.
DISCLAIMERS: All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. This description in no way states of implies that these are the only duties to be performed.