Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival is seeking a Scenic Charge Artist to join us for our 29th season. The Scenic Charge Artist will be responsible for supervising the Scenic Artist. PSF’s season consists of 8 shows, performing in two venues in repertory plus an education tour program. The ideal candidate will have experience bringing in multiple projects on time and on budget while having an interest in educating young professionals and encouraging them to do their best work.
Primary Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
– Tracking and reporting expenses in a timely manner
– Discuss with the Scenic Designers all paint treatments and finishes to assure compliance with budget while maintaining artistic intent.
– Coordinate paint schedule with the TD in order to keep the build process on schedule (this may involve working some evenings/late nights in order to keep both building and paint on schedule on overlapping projects)
– Maintain the paint area, including restoring the shop and performance venues to their neutral state for hand off at the end of the season and coordinating disposal of paint as necessary with the Director of Production.
– Developing and enforcing safe working practices
– Attend weekly production meetings and tech note sessions
– Be present for all load-ins, strikes, and tech rehearsals as required
– Provide support for PSF’s engagement with our patrons and community as needed
Onsite Employment dates are 5/7/2020 thru 8/5/2020.
Salary will be $525/wk and on-site housing will be provided.
Send cover letter, resume, and references to Josh Rose, Director of Production at the email below.