05/22/23 – 08/24/23
Start Date: On or around May 22, 2023
End Date: August 24, 2023
Travel Dates: On or around May 21 + August 25, 2023
Compensation: $3,000 for 14 weeks + travel, room, and all meals
Reports to: Production Manager and Technical Director
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
● From the Scenic Designer’s vision, paint all scenic pieces and show decks for the mainstage season.
● Work collaboratively with TD and Props Designer to complete all work in a timely manner.
● Prepare paint samples/treatments when requested and execute various scenic painting techniques.
● Order necessary materials and supplies in a timely manner. Track deliveries and purchases and submit all necessary paperwork to the Production Manager. Work to ensure shows are completed within deadlines and budgets.
● Supervision of Acting Interns when working with paint.
● Attend and participate in production meetings.
● Knowledge of basic scenic painting techniques (wood grain, brick, etc.) essential.
● Experience using sprayers and applying texture is a plus.
● Ability to follow health and safety standards.
● Valid driver’s license preferred but not required.
EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS/ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
● All travel, housing, and meals provided for all employees.
● This is a W-4 position, and any applicable taxes and payroll deductions will be taken. Note that New Hampshire does not collect state income tax.
HOW TO APPLY
● Send a brief cover letter, resume, and three references to Lily Vetter, Production Manager; email@example.com. All items should be sent as one PDF.
● Please indicate if you have any known conflicts with the listed contract dates.
● Interviews will continue on a rolling basis until filled.
The New London Barn Playhouse will be in attendance at the March 2023 SETC Convention in Lexington, KY.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org