On call basis
The Scenic Charge is responsible for the direct leadership of the paint department for painting of the show set, This position is a hands-on position that requires significant experience in scenic artistry. The Scenic Charge is in charge of interpreting design and renderings and execution of all scenic paint techniques. Scenic Charge will interpret the scenic rendering and paint elevation and lead/teach/work alongside scenic painters to bring the design to life. Ideal candidate is skilled in color theory and mixture, texture, preparation and aging of all surfaces. Must be able to produce paint samples as needed. Scenic Charge works with the Scenic Designer and Technical Director on workflow. This person reports directly to the production manager.
– Participate in the painting and /or texturing of scenery, properties and furniture for production.
– Coordinate purchasing of materials and hire additional personnel as needed with approval from the production manager.
– Track and manage production and shop expenditures.
– Maintain the paint area in the scene shop as well as at the New Vic Theatre.
– Communicate with designers on painting techniques and color choices.
– Communicate with the designer and creative team on the progress of paint during the process.
– Clean and remove paint/supplies from Theatre after completion of scenic painting of items and any paint notes.
– Work in a safe and productive manner.
– Knowledge and practical experience of theatrical painting techniques
– Understanding of how to interpret paint elevations.
– Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
– Excellent personal, organizational, time management and communication skills.
– Ability to motivate, manage and coordinate a team of painters at times with varying skill levels.
– Well-established skills in adapting quickly to varying projects and problems
– Must Be able to climb and work on a ladder
– Must be able to lift/ carry 50 pounds
– Must be able to be on your feel for extended periods of time
-Experience operating a JGL lift
Please send Resume, Portfolio, and References to Robert Salm, Production Manager at email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org