Charge Scenic Artist
Full time, hourly position with overtime
Benefits included: health insurance, dental, vacation, PTO, holidays, 401k. Pay is $20.00-$25.00 BOE per hour.
3dx Scenic is in the business of creating dynamic scenic experiences and engaging attractions. Utilizing old school craftsmanship and modern technology, we are flexible, nimble, and responsive to our client’s vision for their event. 3dx Scenic takes on a wide variety of projects because our clients come from a wide variety of fields; from corporate theater and amusement and theme parks, touring displays, and interactive environments to name just a few. 3dx offers its customers custom fabrication, multi-axis CNC machining, 3D scanning, scenic art, soft goods, and printing, all in one place.
The Charge Scenic Artist is responsible for effectively realizing the client’s vision for all scenery required for productions. Working alongside a team of talented artists and fabricators, the Charge Scenic Artist is to safely execute all aspects of scenic art production for 3dx Scenic.
An excellent candidate must be well-versed in all theatrical and display production methodologies and procedures and be able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
• Interact with clients and designers to understand design visions
• Budget materials and labor required for finishing scenic elements
• Development and production of paint and finish samples
• Purchase materials and supplies for the desired paint finishes
• Attend production meetings
• Determine staff needs and paint shop schedule to execute current and planned projects in conjunction with the Shop Manager and Shop Foreman
• Supervise the painting of all scenery
• Paint scenery
• Travel to events and installations
• Upkeep and maintenance of the paint shop and all stock materials and supplies
• Proficiency in all theatrical scenic painting techniques
• Proficiency with fine art techniques
• Proficiency with HVLP as well as conventional spray techniques
• Sculpting in foam
• Experience with automotive finishes
• Experience with fiberglass finishing
• Proficiency with scenic carpentry
• Demonstrated strong leadership and organizational skills in a diverse environment
Applicants will need to submit an application, resume, and portfolio on our company website, linked below.