Permanent/Full-Time, Part-Time, or Seasonal
What you get to do:
– Enthusiastically represents SeaWorld by displaying a positive attitude, high level of energy and commitment to quality throughout all aspects of the job.
– Fabricates and maintains Scenic aspects of park shows, attractions and special events.
– Assists in coordinating the fabrication and installation of year round show sets, attractions and props as assigned.
– Assists in coordinating the maintenance of year round show sets, attractions and props as assigned.
– Assists with scenic painting.
– Operates hand tools and power tools (including worm drive saw, router, and fiberglass chopper gun, table and band saws) as approved.
– Demonstrates proficiency in reading blueprints and sketches.
– Demonstrates proficient ability in perform fiberglass and mold making functions.
– Procures materials for fabrication of sets and props as assigned.
– Assists in the design of sets and props as assigned.
– Maintains cleanliness of all assigned work areas.
– Maintains safe work environment and safety requirements.
– Assists in other work areas and departments as assigned.
What it takes to succeed:
– At least 18 years of age.
– 2-4 years related experience in carpentry and/or scenic painting and construction or training.
– Working knowledge of computer-based resources (such as Microsoft Office Suite).
– A valid California driver’s license; visiting students and military must have valid driver’s license from state of residency and able to provide a copy of the DMV report. Must be able to meet requirements to drive SeaWorld vehicles.
– Bachelor’s degree in carpentry or set construction from a four year college or trade school preferred.
– Strong written and verbal communication skills.
– Able to stand, walk and/or sit for prolonged periods of time.
– Able to lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
– Be able to work indoors and in outdoor weather conditions (i.e. humidity conditions, direct sunlight).
– Be able to successfully complete company hazardous material training.
– Be able to operate a company vehicle to pick up and deliver materials and personnel.
Hours + Availability:
– Monday-Sunday, with occasional late nights as assigned. Shifts start as early as 5:00AM
– Occasional overtime.
– PT must have 4 days of unrestricted availability.
The perks of the position:
As part of the SeaWorld family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment and great teammates, as well as:
– FREE park admission
– Discounted park admission tickets and passes for family and friends
– Park discounts on food, merchandise, etc.
Submit your application today at https://SeaWorld.com/San-Diego/Jobs