Scenic Artist needed for fast paced Events Company based in St. Louis, Missouri (Earth City).
• Touch up paint on previously built units and furniture that have had their surfaces scratched, stained or damaged.
• Theatrical scenic painting: marbling, wood graining, stone work, brick work and adding texture, both painted and physical.
• Fine detail painting such as painting monograms and lettering.
• Understanding of scale, proportion and image lay out.
• Color mixing paint to match samples using knowledge of color and color mixing.
• We are using house paint, some Rosco, oil paint, stain, tints, specialty metallic, spray paint, solvents, other specialty and craft paints.
• Maintaining strict quality control. Insuring even paint coverage, avoiding drips, matching the renderings as close as possible. Insuring the work reaches the highest aesthetic standard as time permits.
• Helping to maintain the paint space, paint brushes, paint sprayers and all other paint equipment and tools.
• Inform the Charge Artist of inventory levels.
• Keeping the paint space organized and clean for maximum work space and to allow as many projects as possible to be worked on at the same time while allowing a safe path through the work area.
• Preparing touch up kits to go on site to repair damage sustained in transit.
• Always working with the Charge Artist to make sure that the projects are happening in a correct and timely fashion.
• Having good communication with the Charge Artist, Designers, Carpentry Staff and Operations Staff. This is important for the look of projects and timing. Things move quickly here and keeping up with where projects are is important.
• Assist in loading and unloading of equipment onto trucks, both at the shop and on site.
• Setting up and taking down materials at an event and neatly packing them for their return to the shop. Scenic Artists participate in load in and load outs.
• An ability safely lift 50 or more pounds.
• 2-3 years scenic painting experience preferred but not mandatory
• Time flexibility
• The ability to multitask
• Self Motivated
• Self Sufficient
• Technical Theater degree with an emphasis on scenic design and scenic painting preferred but NOT required.
$17.50 per hour biweekly
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org