The Thousand Islands Playhouse seeks a Scenic Artist for their summer season.
- Work as the leader/head of the paint department
- Act as head scenic for all shows and events during the season
- Costing and analysis of drawings, projects, etc.
- Working with designers to achieve a unified and successful vision/production
- Leading and directing all local paint crew
- Working with the PM and production team to stock, maintain and execute a successful paint department
Shop hours typically run Mon-Fri, 8am-6pm but hours vary based on production needs and schedule requirements. Some tech week scheduling may require unusual working hours. Flexibility is recommended. Job dates are May 25 – September 13, 2020. Pay is $765/week.
- Degree or education in the field of technical theatre, visual arts and/or scenic painting
- 5 years experience in the professional theatre and/or event industry recommended
- Ability to read construction drawings
- Familiarity with different styles and painting techniques and/or finishes
- Personable, organised, independent disposition is an asset
- Valid driver’s licence
TO APPLY: Please submit a resume, portfolio containing examples of past work, and names of three references by Sunday, December 15, 2019 to Brian Frommer, Production Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ETHNO-CULTURAL MANDATE: The Thousand Islands Playhouse is committed to principles of employment equality, and strives to create an inclusive workplace that promotes values diversity.
While all applications are considered, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About The Thousand Islands Playhouse
The Thousand Islands Playhouse (TIP) is one of the top summer theatre companies in the province and the largest theatre company between Ottawa, Montreal, and Toronto. The company produces an 8-show season, a music series, and a travelling TYA tour.