LAIKA Studios seeks a Scenic Artist.
The Scenic artist is responsible for the painting of sets and set components as well as the props for a miniature stop motion animated feature film.
- Prepare and paint sets and props following the concept artwork, local color, color script and lighting script set forth by the Production Designer and instructed by the Art Director.
- Research properties of various materials (tint, spectralite, rosco, etc.) and utilize accordingly.
- Match colors and mix large quantities of paints and textures.
- Meet scenic painting duties as required within production schedules as set forth by the Art Direction PM, while maintaining a high standard of quality.
- Help maintain established paint documentation, organization, inventory and create paint kits.
- Help maintain paint shop space and equipment.
- 3+ years of experience in scenic departments in Film or TV (miniatures, a plus).
- Strong understanding of color, paint materials and some range of painting and texturing techniques for Film/TV production.
- Strong aesthetic sense and ability to emulate a given technique and/or style.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
Physical Demands and Work environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk; stand; sit; use hands to operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear both in person and by telephone. The employee must lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee works under typical office conditions and is exposed to variable indoor temperatures. The noise level is usually quiet or moderate. In certain assignments, an employee may occasionally work near moving equipment and be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, airborne fumes and loud, prolonged noise (hearing protection required when using power tools).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Please review our Employment Disclaimer ( http://www.laika.com/EmploymentDisclaimer.pdf )and Materials Submission Agreement ( http://www.laika.com/MaterialsSubmissionAgreement.pdf ).