Wheelock Family Theatre at Boston University is searching for a scenic charge for their upcoming production of Willy Wonka.
– Collaborate with the technical director in order to execute all painting needs.
– Work independently to make sure all painting deadlines are met.
– Create a touch-up paint kit upon opening.
– Knowledge of theatrical scenic painting and surface treatments.
– Ability to read construction drawings and paint elevations.
– Capacity to solve problems and good communication skills.
– Ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
– Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work quickly and accurately with attention to detail.
– Proficiency in paint tools and in cleaning, care, and maintenance of all paint tools.
This is an hourly position at $18/hour. The commitment for this position is approximately 45 hours between start of build (September 9) and opening (October 27). Dates and times are flexible (cast rehearses onstage in the evenings so painting must be done in the morning or late evening). Contact Heather Radovich, Production Manager, to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About Wheelock Family Theatre
WFT@BU creates intergenerational and multicultural productions that provide a shared experience for the whole family. Our productions celebrate the diverse range of families found in the world today and seek to unite them in the shared experience of live theatre. We are dedicated to those who are historically under-served: people of color, people with disabilities, and low-income families. We know that it is not only children who are “at risk” in our society — but entire families and communities.