Ravenswood Studio currently has an available position for an overhire painter. The ability to communicate effectively, problem solve, and create new techniques for solutions as well as a critical eye for detail and aesthetics are essential skills for the position.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
• Two years of experience working in a professional shop setting
• Experience in a theatrical scene shop, exhibit fabrication facility or similar is strongly preferred
• Degree or supplemental related experience
• Strong 3D skills including casting, mold making, and sculpting
• Proficiency in painting large scale drops
• Strong knowledge of faux finishing, graining, texturing, stenciling, color mixing and matching, layout, and scaling
• Fine wood finishing, clear coating, automotive finishes, HVLP spray gun
• Experience with plural component foam and hard coating spray systems
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Critical eye for detail and aesthetics
• Leadership skills and problem solving skills
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to work overtime as required
• Ability to work well independently as well as in a team
Contract is for 2-6 weeks, possibly longer. Pay is DOE with a range starting at $18 per hour.
All interested applicants should forward a current resume and portfolio to David Lorenc, HR Manager. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com