ASSISTANT SCENIC ARTIST
Ogunquit Playhouse, Ogunquit, Maine seeks experienced ASSISTANT SCENIC ARTISTS for our 2022 Season and Youth Programs productions. Approximate dates of employment vary per position between May and November, 2022.
Ideal Candidate: Must be detail-oriented and remain focused in a fast paced working environment with some non-traditional hours. Experienced, exceptional painting skills are required.
Pay scale: $17-18 hr pay rate, may include overtime.
Job Duties/Expectations include (but are not limited to):
• Create samples with Resident Scenic Charge from renderings and reference materials, while also keeping a detailed log of procedure and recipe for future duplication.
• Strong organizational skills are required
• Work independently and professionally with a team as required.
• Has the ability to problem solve with a positive, solutions orientated outlook.
• Help Resident Scenic Charge supervise and guide Scenic Painters and Over Hire Painters as needed.
• Be mindful and have excellent communication skills to coordinate space on the floor with Resident Scenic Charge and Scene Shop Foreman or other department heads to keep a good workflow for all.
• Be prepared to work in a fast-paced environment with occasional non-traditional hours.
• Is proficient in time management and working to deadlines.
• Proficient knowledge and use of tried and true scenic techniques required.
• Mixing and matching colors will be required.
• Work from paint elevations and reference material.
• A working knowledge of sculpting/carving foam.
• A working knowledge in theatrical procedures, scenic painting tools and products.
• Ability to keep and maintain a clean paint shop, and equipment for the shop, and making shop improvements as needed, or directed by Charge.
• Ability to lift or maneuver 50+ lbs., as well as climb ladders and work in high places.
Ogunquit Playhouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to promoting the growth of a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Please send letter, resume, portfolio and references to Geof Dolan, Technical Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include 2022 ASSISTANT SCENIC ARTIST in the subject line.