Our team works alongside Mattel’s Global Trade Show Services, Mattel Creative Services, and Mattel Creations to build dynamic trade show displays and sets for TV commercials, YouTube videos, stop motion sets, and still photography shoots, supporting iconic brands such as Barbie, Hot Wheels, and Fisher-Price, among others. Our work appears in San Diego Comic-Con, Las Vegas Licensing Show, New York Toy Fair, Nuremberg International Toy Fair, Musée des Arts Décoratifs at the Louvre, Paris, Art Basel Miami, and F.A.O. Schwartz Time Square, NY. The Scenic Artist will work alongside a group of talented Scenic Artists tasked with bringing sets to life. This role will participate in the creation, design, and implementation of projects throughout the year.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Preparing and painting props, scenery, and display items made from foam, wood, and plastic using paint shop tools.
- Mixing custom colors and color matching.
- Trained in using table saws, paint guns, power sanders, and a variety of hand tools preferred.
- Work on campus-wide projects and off-site trade shows, commercials, and still photography shoots.
- Take direction from Lead Scenic Artists on project priority, budgeting, and workflow.
- Set up displays/sets and strike after events
What We’re Looking For:
- 1-3 years experience in a related field.
- Passion for their work and commitment to delivering first-in-class assets.
- Team player who thrives on collaboration.
- Detail-oriented and able to translate design ideas to the final product.
- Advanced knowledge of necessary tools (table saw, paint gun, etc.)
- Ability to perform moderate lifting (up to 50 lbs.) while stocking supplies and moving scenery.
- Ability to work overtime and occasional weekends.
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie®, Hot Wheels®, Fisher-Price®, American Girl®, Thomas & Friends®, UNO®, Masters of the Universe®, Monster High® and MEGA®, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming and digital experiences, music, and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and eCommerce companies.