Gulfshore Playhouse, a not-for-profit, LORT D professional theatre company located in Naples, FL, is seeking a Scenic Artist. Reporting to the Scenic Art Supervisor, the scenic artist will complete the finish and painting of scenery for productions. The scenic artist may assist in load in, strike of productions; electrics hang, and focus of lighting as schedule dictates.
- Execution of paint treatments per paint elevations and Scenic Art Supervisor specifications.
- Working with efficiency to complete all scenic units in line with the build and paint schedule supplied by the Scenic Art Supervisor.
- Maintaining a safe, healthy and clean workspace.
- In fellowship with the other Scenic Artist, and under supervision of the Scenic Art Supervisor, lead volunteers, and interns in the execution of paint treatments on a per show basis.
- Preparing the Load-in kits and touch-up kits for the Theatre space.
- Responding to notes as needed to maintain the production during its run.
- Assisting the Scenic Art Supervisor in the creation of paint samples and paint treatment paperwork on a per show basis.
- Maintaining the Production Offices paints and flammables inventories as well as being sure the MSDS database is up to date with each show.
The Playhouse values hard work, kindness, generosity, passion, and grace-under-pressure. The Scenic Artist will be expected to work altered hours when necessary to meet goals, such as during the load-in & tech processes. Weekend and evening hours are occasionally required. As well as attendance at some company events outside normal working hours.
Our Charter: https://gulfshoreplayhouse.org/charter/
The ideal Candidate would Possess:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in theatrical production or design, or requisite work experience as a Scenic Artist, Muralist or other large scale painter & fabricator.
- An excellent grasp on general painting techniques, such as; glazing, trompe l’œil, wood graining, texture application & foam carving.
- The ability to work on a dynamic team with grace and flexibility.
- The capability to work with other staff members, interns, volunteers & guest artists to generate theatrical productions to the standards of Gulfshore Playhouse.
Salary & Benefits
- $16-$19/hour, Overtime non-exempt.
- Options for Health, Dental & Vision insurance.
- Paid Time Off & Sick Leave.
- Options for a 403(b) retirement plan.
Gulfshore Playhouse is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse staff; we strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups and diverse backgrounds to apply.
For more information go to: https://www.gulfshoreplayhouse.org/join-our-team/employment/
Please send a resume, cover letter, and references to Ray Inkel, Director of Production, at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Gulfshore Playhouse
Gulfshore Playhouse offers a diverse season of straight plays and small musicals ranging from venerated classics and Broadway hits to contemporary works and world premieres. The Playhouse is passionately committed to producing high-quality, professional theatre which exceeds the expectations of the cultured residents and visitors of Naples, FL, many of whom are regular theatre patrons in New York, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C.
Gulfshore Playhouse has performed for many years in an intimate 200-seat venue at the Norris Center, a municipal building run by the City of Naples. The Playhouse is in the final phases of a $66M capital campaign and has broken ground on the Baker Theatre and Education Center, a state-of-the-art facility, featuring a 350-seat mainstage with a Broadway-sized stage, a 125-seat flexible space, rehearsal studios, classrooms, and rental space. This is an extraordinarily exciting time for the Playhouse, which is experiencing unprecedented growth.