• Touch up paint on previously built units and furniture that have had their surfaces scratched, stained or damaged.
• Theatrical scenic painting: marbling, wood graining, stone work, brick work and adding texture, both painted and physical.
• Fine detail painting such as painting monograms and lettering.
• Understanding of scale, proportion and image lay out.
• Color mixing paint to match samples using knowledge of color and color mixing.
• We are using house paint, some Rosco, oil paint, stain, tints, specialty metallic, spray paint, solvents, other specialty and craft paints.
• Maintaining strict quality control. Insuring even paint coverage, avoiding drips, matching the renderings as close as possible. Insuring the work reaches the highest aesthetic standard as time permits.
• Helping to maintain the paint space, paint brushes, paint sprayers and all other paint equipment and tools.
• Inform the Charge Artist of inventory levels.
• Keeping the paint space organized and clean for maximum work space and to allow as many projects as possible to be worked on at the same time while allowing a safe path through the work area.
• Preparing touch up kits to go on site to repair damage sustained in transit.
• Always working with the Charge Artist to make sure that the projects are happening in a correct and timely fashion.
• Having good communication with the Charge Artist, Designers, Carpentry Staff and Operations Staff. This is important for the look of projects and timing. Things move quickly here and keeping up with where projects are is important.
• Assist in loading and unloading of equipment onto trucks, both at the shop and on site.
• Setting up and taking down materials at an event and neatly packing them for their return to the shop.
• An ability safely lift 50 or more pounds.
• 2-3 years scenic painting experience preferred but not mandatory
• Time flexibility
• The ability to multitask
• Self Motivated
• Self Sufficient
• Technical Theater degree with emphasis on scenic design and scenic painting preferred but NOT required
Schedule: Please note all positions assist with load in and load outs of events
There is no typical day, as each day can bring a new event and a new approach. However, there are consistent requirements during the week.
A typical Tuesday through Friday typically means paint space.
Saturday involves loading in all rental items (bars, furniture, stages, drape, etc.) and installing a lighting design. The venue can be a hotel ballroom, a banquet hall, an outdoor tent, or many other different on-site event locations. If all goes well, the event load-in is completed by 3 pm, and there is a break for the day. A return would be between 10:30 pm and midnight to unload and strike the event into the trucks. Sunday and Monday are the “weekend.”
The year will present our high season and low season. The low season is January to April, where hours are generally Tuesday through Saturday from 9 am to 5 pm. The high season is May through December, where hours are usually Tuesday through Saturday from 8 am to 5-6 pm, and intense flexibility is needed for events that will happen mid-week or Sunday during this busy time of year.
We are merely looking for a teachable, motivated, hardworking, self-sufficient, team player, and pleasant individuals to join our team. If you have technical theater skills, that would be a plus but not a deal-breaker. No college degree is required. Reliable, consistent transportation required.
Pay begins at 18.00 per hour, time and a half for all hours over 40 in a week is paid. Health insurance is offered upon the start date. After one year of employment, a 401K retirement plan is available.
*The ideal applicant will be willing to grow with the position, have a flexible schedule, be adaptable to change, available to travel, and must have a positive, upbeat attitude. A great deal of time has been made to cultivate a positive and pleasant working team environment. If an applicant has a negative outlook, does not desire to be a team player, cannot adapt to a change in plan, or generally is unmotivated, this position is not the right fit.
*additional helpful skills would be comfortableness driving a box truck or a willingness to learn.
FAQs: Relocation expenses not reimbursed; however, suggestions for housing is readily given.
There is no fear of lack of hours. There is plenty of hours available to sustain a comfortable living environment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Exclusive Events, Inc.
Exclusive Events, Inc. is a nationally recognized, award-winning event design and production company. We strive to create unique experiences for clients and their guests that will live in their memories forever.
As the leading event design and production company serving all states, Exclusive Events, Inc. is committed to providing you with the most unique and creative options for your event needs. We combine extraordinary lighting, audio visual, video, custom production, staging, and outstanding event rentals to create the most memorable events--small or full scale. At Exclusive Events, Inc., we have the professional knowledge and extensive skill set for transforming any space into an awe-inspiring experience.
At Exclusive Events, Inc., we believe that the possibilities are endless, and we are always up for a challenge. Our talented event designers and artisans will bring your vision to life and make sure that your gala, corporate, social, or wedding event is everything you had imagined and more.