REPORTS TO: Scenic / Paint Manager
SUMMARY: Provide comprehensive painting services across our spectrum of projects including, but not limited to Corporate Staging, Conventions, and other corporate events.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Gathers and prepares necessary information, tools and items needed to complete assigned painting task.
- Field color Matching . Picks colors and mixes paint while using color matching for desired assignment.
- Creates, maintains and uses painting documentation. (Labeling all paints and materials to keep them organized and designated to specific pro jects.)
- Paint or airbrush of 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional fields and props.
- Preps surface to be painted. Consists of cleaning, scraping, caulking, applying putty, sanding, patching, priming, and base painting (brush and roll) of surfaces.
- Cleans up paint area. Consists of picking up used tarps, rolling chords, removing tape, cleaning bushes, cleaning spills, resealing paint cans, and cleaning paint buckets. Then stores equipment / too ls in designated storage area. This applies to both shop and on-site work stations.
- Stocking and organizing supplies in the scenic department when needed.
- High School Degree or GED required
- Three to five years related experience or equivalent .
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Acute attention to detail
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must have a valid driver license with a clean driving record.
- Most of the work is done in house in a shop environment, but some jobs require being on site to do touch up and tie in after installation.
- A flexible schedule is helpful. Work shifts are generally 40 hr/ week, but sometimes big projects require overtime, weekends and/ or night shift availability.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to other s‘ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone‘s efforts to succeed.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standard s; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Frequently required to stand
- Frequently required to walk
- Occasionally required to sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Frequently required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Frequently required to talk or hear
- Frequently required to lift/ push/ carry items less than 75 pounds
- Frequently work around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic chemicals
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com