At the Fine Arts Center Theater Company we are committed to amplifying voices from every culture. We welcome all people to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, economic status or any other diverse background.
Annul hours: 2080
Base Months: 12
Hours per week: 40
Job Summary: Interprets the designs of the theatre creative team’s illustrations and research concerning the color and texture of various design elements (including, but not limited to scenic, properties and special effects) and develops methods of reproduction for color, texture, preparation and ageing of all surfaces.
Anticipated Salary Range: $13.88 to $17.70 per hour (Annual: $28,881 to $36,823)
Benefits: Refer to https://mybensite.com/coloradocollege/
• Work with Technical Director to execute production designs and the aesthetic designs of the theater spaces.
• Work with Guest Artists/Scenic Designers to implement their designs within budget and time parameters.
• Paint all productions.
• Oversee the hiring, training and scheduling of over-hire scenic painters.
• Oversee paint inventory.
• Collaborate with the Scenic Designer(s) on the creation of all sculpture and set dressing.
• Coordinate with Technical Director and Director of Production for supplies and ensure supplies are in professional working order.
• Oversee the inventorying, organization and maintenance of all properties and furniture.
• Coordinate the rental of scenery and props that are the property of the Theatre Company to other organizations nationally.
• Participate in all training made available
• Participate when appropriate, in coordinating support arrangements for special functions such as openings, fund- raising activities with other Fine Arts Center departments.
• Assist with education tours when necessary.
• Participate in the Fine Arts Center Theatre School’s programming as a teacher and mentor as requested by the Director of Theatre Education.
• Actively support the college’s plan to be an antiracist institution by understanding, engaging with, and promoting diversity, inclusion, and equity in the college community.
• Promote a culture of safety and environmental protection by working in a safe manner; immediately reporting unsafe situations and accidents; following college procedures; and participating in appropriate safety training.
• Demonstrate environmental sustainability by using college resources wisely and supporting the college’s sustainability initiatives and innovation.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in theatre or equivalent experience in professional, theatrical scenic painting; current industry knowledge of both scene painting techniques and technical theatre including but not limited to, painting, sculpting, fiber glassing, basic stage craft and carpentry; supervisory experience; strong communication and collaboration skills; general office skills, including general knowledge of Microsoft office.
Database management. Experience as an educator.
Application deadline: 9/21/2021.
TO APPLY: Applications must be submitted through the Colorado College site. Please visit: https://employment.coloradocollege.edu/postings/5309?fbclid=IwAR0_xnQzzVPRqrWtSN8SJt1EHnGEqmnYGbGG_erWRg2hS8P1eLY4MfdAeig
E-Verify Information: This organization participates in E-Verify. For more information, visit www.e-verify.gov.
Accommodation Statement: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and Colorado College’s policies, if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Colorado College, or if you cannot use the online application system, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (719) 389-6421 or HR@ColoradoCollege.edu
Leave Information: Please refer to https://www.coloradocollege.edu/offices/humanresources/handbooks/
Covid Protocol: Colorado College requires vaccination for staff.