$75,000 to $80,000 annually
Global Scenic Services is a well established scene shop in Bridgeport, CT specializing in all phases of fabrication of scenic elements for live events, themed entertainment and Broadway theater. We have been providing quality workmanship for over 15 years and are committed to maintaining our high standards of excellence.
We are looking for an experienced full-time charge Scenic who has the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in all aspects of theatrical and commercial scenic treatments
- Excellent work ethics, and able to be a supportive team member
- organized self motivated / self starter
- Creatively resolve field issues in a timely manner
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Direct the activities of non-union free-lance scenic workforce
- Develop and provide estimates, when requested, as to the probable cost of time and materials for new work being considered.
- Participate in and contribute to Daily Operations Meetings with the Construction + Project Management Teams to establish work schedule.
- Meet with Designers to define the desired look, feel, and direction for each project.
- Throughout the construction process, pro-actively maintain open communication with Project Managers and Shop floor Management to avoid any Scenic work stoppages or delays.
- Hire Scenic Artists and Shop Persons required for each project, as needed.
- Schedule, supervise, and direct the order of Scenic work being performed to achieve quality and budget goals.
- Maintain proficiency in the performance of the following:
- The painting of all built scenery, floor cloths, decks, back drops, etc.
- The preparation and application of all textures, plastering, and appliqu+eacute;ing on scenery.
- The application of all decorative wall or surface coverings applied by any means.
- All lettering and sign work.
- Sculpture and mold making.
- Pounce making, projections and enlargements, and layout.
- Efficient usage and maintenance of a wide range of scenic supplies, tools, and
- Ensure client satisfaction.
Portfolio with notable project list for company review requested.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org