Approx. Dates Between March 2024 to November 2024
Ogunquit Playhouse, Ogunquit, Maine seeks experienced Assistant Scenic Artists for our 2024 Season and Arts Academy productions. Approximate dates of employment between March 2024 and November 2024.
Ideal Candidate: Must be detail-oriented and remain focused in a fast paced working environment with some non-traditional hours. Experienced, exceptional painting skills are required.
Job Duties/Expectations include (but are not limited to):
– Create samples with Resident Scenic Charge from renderings and reference materials, while also keeping a detailed log of procedure and recipe for future duplication.
– Strong organizational skills are required.
– Work independently and professionally with a team as required.
– Has the ability to problem solve with a positive, solutions orientated outlook.
– Help Resident Scenic Charge supervise and guide Scenic Painters and Overhire Painters as needed.
– Be mindful and have excellent communication skills to coordinate space on the floor with Resident Scenic Charge and Scene Shop Foreman or other department heads to keep a good workflow for all.
– Be prepared to work in a fast-paced environment with occasional non-traditional hours.
– Proficient in time management and working to deadlines.
– Proficient knowledge and use of tried and true scenic techniques required.
– Mixing and matching colors will be required.
– Work from paint elevations and reference material.
– A working knowledge of sculpting/carving foam.
– A working knowledge in theatrical procedures, scenic painting tools and products.
– Ability to keep and maintain a clean paint shop, and equipment for the shop, and making shop improvements as needed, or directed by Charge.
– Ability to lift or maneuver 50+ lbs., as well as climb ladders and work in high places.
– Job requires ability to sit/stand for long periods of time, and bend, stoop, or kneel in execution of duties as assigned.
– Job requires ability to lift, carry, move necessary equipment up and down stairs in varied lighting conditions.
Position is a W2, $20/hr plus O/T and housing included.
Ogunquit Playhouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to promoting the growth of a diverse and inclusive workplace. For our full Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility statement please visit our website: http://www.ogunquitplayhouse.org/about-us
Ogunquit Playhouse will now be offering Health insurance to all employees who are with the company for 120+ consecutive days and work at least 30 hours weekly. Ogunquit Playhouse will cover 75% of employee’s company sponsored Health insurance premium. Dental and Vision insurance will also be available at the employee’s expense. Employees who work the Ogunquit Playhouse’s entire season will also accrue Earned Paid Leave up to 40 hours. Eligibility is based on the length of the contract. Shortening the length of that contract may affect eligibility.
Please send letter, resume, portfolio and references to email@example.com. Please include 2024 ASSISTANT SCENIC ARTIST in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org