04/29/24 – 09/01/24
Position: Assistant Paint Charge @ Bay Street Theater – Summer 2024
Compensation: $20/hr (+ 1.5x Overtime above 40 hrs/week)
Reports to: Paint Charge
Location: Assistant Paint Charge position is on-site, in Sag Harbor, NY and Riverhead, NY. Housing is provided.
Schedule: The work schedule is determined by the Paint Charge. This position requires regular evening and weekend work in conjunction with BST’s performance calendar. This is a seasonal position.
Start Date of Employment: between April 29 and May 20
(exact start date TBD based on Show #1 Build)
End Date of Employment: September 1, 2024
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Assistant Paint Charge must possess a significant level of talent and creativity to perform the duties at a high level of professionalism as recognized in the Theatrical field. The BST mainstage season features the mounting of 4 productions and other special events and the scenic element treatments required for those events. The Assistant Paint Charge helps to establish and maintains the BST production culture at its Riverhead scenic shop. The Assistant Paint Charge helps to establish and enforce policies and practices that ensure the highest levels of safety and responsible usage. The Assistant Paint Charge works with the coordinated scenic team to ensure smooth productions that come in on- time and on-budget. This post requires regular evening and weekend work in conjunction with BST’s performance calendar.
The Assistant Paint Charge’s general responsibilities will include assisting the Paint Charge with the following:
PRE and POST SEASON
– Assist in setting up shop for beginning of season, communicating with Associate General Manager and Production Manager regarding any general shop and supplies needs
– Restore paint supplies at the end of the season, including updating the stock item inventory and re-stocking general supplies and materials
– Responsible for all paint and scenic treatments for all mainstage productions, adhering to build schedules in coordination with the Technical Director and Production Manager
– Maintain the safety, orderliness, and cleanliness of all paint areas
– Instruct run crew in the proper care and maintenance of finished surfaces, paints, mixes and sculpts for scenic and prop elements
– Generate paint samples, swatches, and touch-up kits according to the scenic designer’s specifications
– Oversee the maintenance of paint equipment and supplies, coordinating with the Technical Director and Production Manager for supplies as needed
– Consult closely with scenic designers on the paint and scenic treatments of sets to ensure design completion and labor efficiency to balance budget necessities with design integrity
– Report regularly to Associate General Manager, Technical Director, and Production Manager regarding budget tracking progress and concerns
– Work all technical and dress rehearsals, manage changes and touch-ups to all paint and scenic needs
– Attend all necessary production meetings as determined by the Production Manager
ADDITIONAL SPECIAL EVENTS
– Oversee any paint and scenic treatment needs for all other BST events including, but not limited to concerts, comedian performances, outdoor performances, lobby shows, galas, and other special events/projects as needed
HOW TO APPLY: Please email cover letter and resume PDFs to Mike Billings, Production Manager at email@example.com. Please make sure to include “BST 2024 Assistant Paint Charge” in the subject line. Please no phone calls.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org