Merry-Go-Round Playhouse and Finger Lakes Musical Theatre Festival seeks a scenic painting intern for their 2019 summer season.
Those encouraged to apply: Self-motivated individuals who are confident in their scenic painting skill and prior experience as part of a professional or college paint shop. At least 1-2 years of college experience.
• Participates in the painting of sets for the Summer Season and Youth Tour.
• Assists in the upkeep and general maintenance of all paint work areas and paint tools.
• Punctual and stays on schedule. Keeps supervisors informed of progress and asks for help when needed.
• Maintains excellent communication to facilitate the organization’s continuing functionality.
• Performs the essential job functions safely, successfully, and consistently with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Maintains regular, punctual attendance.
• Has the ability to lift 50 pounds.
• Is comfortable working at heights from Genie lifts, ladders and scaffolding.
• Any other duties as assigned by the PM or TD.
About Finger Lakes Musical Theatre Festival
Headquartered in Auburn, NY, the Finger Lakes Musical Theatre Festival is an award winning arts organization committed to diversity, inclusion and creating theatrical experiences at the highest levels of artistic integrity. We leverage the power of the arts as a tool for entertainment, education, social awareness and cultural development in our community and the Finger Lakes region. The Festival is situated in the picturesque Finger Lakes wine region of Central New York.
Four hours from NYC and situated between Syracuse, Rochester and Ithaca, the Finger Lakes Musical Theatre Festival is one of the largest producing musical theatre organizations in New York State, outside of New York City. Our mainstage, the Preston H. Thomas Theatre in the Merry Go Round Playhouse, presents large-scale Broadway spectacles with talent from Broadway and across the country at our flagship location in beautiful Emerson Park on Owasco Lake.
Our second venue, The Carriage House Theater (formerly Theatre Mack), is a cabaret-style environment, housed in a converted and beautifully restored carriage house. There, we present a new musical in development each week, encouraging audience feedback and discourse in our new works series, “The PiTCH." This year, we celebrate the seventh anniversary of “The PiTCH,” which will launch with our 60th new musical to date.
We provide top-notch entertainment to over 67,000 patrons each season, are routinely recognized by industry press and maintain a high regard in the professional theatre community for our artistry and execution.