LIVE! Technologies & 3DX Scenic is looking for an experienced Scenic Artist to execute scenic finishes for a wide range of theatrical and display projects in our Cincinnati fabrication shop.
An excellent candidate must be well-versed in all theatrical and display paint methodologies and procedures and be able to work with a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results. The ideal candidate will have an analytical mind, great organizational skills, a critical eye for details and aesthetics, and a desire to contribute to the success of the team and organization.
The goal will be to ensure all projects exceed client expectations while closely following project specifications.
- Execute all scenic treatments using various materials and methods
- Assist in the creation of paint samples, touch-up kits, and mixing paint
- Assist in maintaining all scenic records (color cards, process sheets, color records, can labels, etc)
- Maintain the safety, order, and cleanliness of all paint areas.
- Maintain strict quality control
- Work under the direction of the Charge Artist, Lead Scenic Artist, and with other team members in a collaborative shop environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience with theatrical and display scenic practices and products
- Strong knowledge of faux finishing, 3D textures, sculpting, stenciling, color mixing and matching, layout, and scaling.
- Prior experience in a professional theatrical scene shop, event fabrication facility or equivalent
- Proficiency with standard shop power tools and spray guns
- Ability to work from design renders
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently with little supervision
- Participation in all PPE and Safety protocols
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to work overtime with advanced notice and occasionally travel on installations to complete paint treatments
- Be committed to the success of the fabrication team and organization
- Scenic Carpentry
- Digital Sculpting
- Automotive Paint Experience
- Vinyl Graphic Application
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org