3dx Scenic is looking for experienced Scenic Artists to join our team for a multi-week installation call at Sea World Aquatica in Chula Vista, CA. This may also lead to additional work in January for another installation and long-term work doing touch ups and upkeep at the park.
• Prepare various types of surfaces (wood, steel, dibond, fiberglass, etc) for painting.
• Application of 3dx textures using a variety of methods (brush, trowel, hopper gun, etc)
• Execution of faux finished scenic treatments to match pre-approved samples and processes.
• Retouching of any units damaged during transit
• Predominantly will work from a touch up kit, but may also asked to mix and match paints, varnishes, lacquers, shellacs, stains, tints, and other coatings and finishes
• Maintain the safety, order, and cleanliness of all worksite areas and equipment
• Work under the direction of the Charge Artist and with other team members in a collaborative onsite environment
• Other duties as assigned
• Experience with theatrical and display scenic practices and products
• Strong knowledge of faux finishing, 3D textures, sculpting, stenciling, color mixing and matching, layout, and scaling.
• Prior experience in a professional theatrical scene shop, event fabrication facility or equivalent
• Proficiency with HVLP spray guns, Hoppers, brushes, rollers, sponges, etc
• Ability to work from design renders, reference photos, and sample boards
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills
• Transport to and from the park and local lodgings
Position Details & Salary Information
• Dates: October 11, 2021 – November 11, 2021
• $18-22/hr, with overtime after 40 hours
• Typical schedule is Monday-Saturday, 7am-6pm. Sunday, 7am-4pm.
• 1 hour unpaid lunch break, 3 15-minute paid breaks.
Please email resume and portfolio to Rachael Claxton, Charge Scenic Artist at RClaxton@3dxScenic.com
About 3dx Scenic
3dx Scenic is a LIVE! Technologies company, located in Cincinnati, OH. From brand ambiance and activations, and business theatre and events, to custom entertainment attractions, we build another dimension. We are engineers and riggers, carpenters and welders, artists, and storytellers, and together, we use the disciplines of old school craftsmanship forged with novel technologies and our own knowhow, to produce something uncommonly authentic. We create scenic experiences that reflect and express the imagery of our client’s brand. From performance spaces to television broadcast sets, from corporate environments and intricate trade show booths to world-class attractions, whatever your surroundings, we build the scenery around it.