The Gateway Performing Arts Center of Suffolk County is seeking a full-time Scenic Charge Artist for its 2018 season.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Work closely with Scenic Designer/Scenic Coordinator and Technical Director
• All paint and scenic treatments for 7 mainstage shows, 2 Children’s Theater shows, and our Haunt (2 mainstage full builds, 5 are from our rental stock)
• Collaborate with the PM and Scenic Designer of each production to determine the needs and feasibility for each production
• Occasionally oversee over hire scenic and intern staff
• Assist Props or Carpentry when scenic responsibilities are light
• Maintain a safe, secure, clean organized office, shop and work space
• Capacity to solve problems
• Good communication skills
• Understanding of the artistic process
• Ability to work independently and in collaboration with others
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work quickly and accurately with attention to detail
• Driver’s license
Contract runs Mid-April – Early January. Pay is $350 negotiable BOE, plus housing per week.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@TheGateway.org