Lincoln Park Performing Arts Center seeks an experienced and motivated Scenic Charge Artist to join its part time scenic staff. The Center works year-round to produce an 8 show subscription series. Candidates must have a degree in Theatre Production or comparable professional experience. The Scenic Charge Artist is responsible for supporting the artistic vision of directors and designers as it relates to all painting and scenic treatments. Pay is hourly and commensurate with experience.
• Skilled at different scenic painting techniques and surface treatments, including but not limited to foam carving, texturing, ageing, distressing, marbling, stenciling, and wood graining.
• Working alongside the Technical Director, the Charge will plan and build a schedule of when scenic elements get treated and in what order items need to be completed to ensure the build stays on time and working in an efficient manner.
• The Scenic Charge is responsible for supervising additional paint staff, maintaining the safety, order, and cleanliness of all paint areas,
• Multi-task and work with deadlines. Must have ability to plan projects and adhere to schedules
• Ability to remain calm and productive in difficult situations demonstrating good “people skills” and a sense of humor
• Proven ability in personnel management and budgeting; excellent work ethic including attention to detail, time management, work flow management, self-motivation
• Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills
• The successful candidate will have a thorough knowledge of standard theatrical practices, comfort with ladders and working from heights, able to lift and carry at least 80lbs, and feel comfortable operating a scissor lift and box truck
• Ability to work long hours, i.e. a 40 hour week plus weekends and evenings, as necessary during technical rehearsals when needed
• Ability to maintain a clean and safe work space
• Ability to drive a car and have clean driving record. Must have valid driver’s license
• Professional experience that demonstrates proven ability to perform the job responsibilities outlined above
• Candidates MUST be able to pass a background check.
• Please email resume and cover letter to Maria Scheller, Production Manager.
About Lincoln Park Performing Arts
Located 45 minutes west of Pittsburgh in Midland, PA and founded in 2006, Lincoln Park Performing Arts Center produces an 8-show subscription season in addition to hosting many other events including instrumental and vocal concerts, dance, touring acts, and community events. The center house two theaters; our 750-seat MainStage Theater (proscenium) and the 175-seat Studio Theater (black box.) With a strong focus on education, the Center also houses the Lincoln Park Performing Arts Charter School. This 7-12 school has close to 800 students and offers 6 different majors including dance, theater, music, media arts, literary arts, and health science and the arts.