Scenic Art Studios, Inc. seeks an experienced Charge Scenic Artist for their Connecticut based theatrical work. Candidates for this position must be available for a minimum of 40 weeks each year, working no less than 35 hours per week. Individuals should be willing to move to Connecticut for the position.
The work of the Scenic Charge Artist position includes but is not necessarily limited to the following:
• Advise the Employer, when requested, as to the probable cost of time and materials for new work being considered.
• Attend morning meetings with the Construction/Project Management Team to establish work schedule.
• Meet with Designers to define the desired look, feel, and direction for each project.
• Throughout the construction process, maintain open communication with Constructors to avoid any Scenic work stoppages or delays.
• Assist in hiring Scenic Artists and Shop Persons required for each project.
• Schedule, supervise, and direct the order of Scenic work being performed.
Qualifying Candidates should be highly experienced in the performance of the following:
• The painting of all built scenery, floor cloths, floors, cycloramas, etc.
• The preparation and application of all textures, plastering, and appliquéing on scenery.
• The application of all decorative wall or surface coverings applied by any means.
• All lettering and sign work.
• Sculpture and mold making.
• Pounce making, projections and enlargements, and layout.
• Usage and maintenance of a wide range of scenic supplies, tools, and materials.
• be self-motivated
• have a positive attitude
• work safely, efficiently, and quickly
• exhibit professional behavior at all times
• have strong organizational and project management skills
• be able to collaborate with designers
• be able to interact and work professionally w/contracting agencies
• work well under pressure, while maintaining high quality and standards
Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, etc.) is a plus. OSHA 10 Hour Training Complete is a plus. If not already a member of United Scenic Artists Local 829, candidates will need to make application to the union for membership. Benefits package included and an optional employer match 401K plan available.
For more information, please visit https://www.scenicartstudios.com/job-oppurtunity
To apply, email your cover letter and a PDF of your resume to email@example.com indicating which job you are applying for in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org