Village Theatre is accepting applications for Lead Scenic Artist. The Lead Scenic Artist works closely with Master Scenic Artist to best achieve the scenic design. This position requires a familiarity with the design in order to achieve the goals of the paint shop as directed by the Master Scenic Artist utilizing different techniques in painting, carving and faux finishes.
Principal Duties and Required Responsibilities:
- Paint and apply scenic artistry techniques to projects supported by the paint shop and on stage.
- Execute projects utilizing painting, carving, faux finishes and applying scenic artistry techniques.
- Accomplish scenic notes for shows produced by the paint shop as assigned by the TD and Master Scenic Artist.
- Lead crews for specific projects and tasks.
- Maintain paint shop by cleaning, repairing tools/equipment and taking inventory of supplies.
- Troubleshoot problems having to do with scenery and scenic artistry.
- Maintain a safe working environment.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Accomplish projects and tasks set forth by the Technical Director, ATD and Master Scenic Artist.
- Support other departments at the discretion of the Technical Director and Master Scenic Artist.
- Fulfill all responsibilities with a high degree of quality and professionalism.
- Provide feedback on processes and make suggestions for improvement.
Qualified candidate will have:
- 3 years experience in professional theatre environment.
- Good communication skills and team based working strategies.
- Ability to follow safety procedures in shop and on stage.
This position is subject to the collective bargaining agreement between Village Theatre and IATSE Local #488. People of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply; EOE. Send cover letter, resume, portfolio of work samples, and 3 theatre-related references to:
Brad Bixler, Technical Director
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com