The Nassal Company is currently looking for apprentice scenic artists and/or painters.
To support The Nassal Company Scenic Art department in the operation of creating preparing and delivering the highest quality product for our clients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Follow written and verbal direction
· Demonstrate initiative within the shop
· Maintain a clean, safe, and efficient work area
· Perform solid acceptable work consistently
· Posses aptitude for learning and application of newly acquired skill set
· Additional duties as assigned
TRADE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
· Scenic Artist
· Faux Finish
· Color Theory
· Brush Skills
· Airbrush Skills
· Automotive Spray
· Automotive Clear
· Prep Knowledge
· Buffing Skills
· Minimum of 1 year of artistic work
· Basic knowledge of painting (cutting in trim, rolling, stirring paint etc.)
· High School or equivalent
· Vocational or technical school training
Duties and responsibilities would be completed in our shop. Monday-Friday 6:00 am – 2:30 pm (may require overtime as necessary)
While performing the duties of this job:
All apprentices should expect to do a considerable amount of lifting, carrying, kneeling, balancing, and even crawling. Thus a certain amount of strength and dexterity, and alertness is required. Must be prepared to work in various conditions, and knowledgeable of hazards and safety requirements.
About The Nassal Company
From the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando Islands of Adventure, to the icy landscape of SeaWorld Orlando Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin, and the stunning new Space Shuttle Atlantis attraction at Kennedy Space Center Visitors Complex, Nassal helps tell their stories in ways that are meaningful, enjoyable and most important memorable.
The Nassal Company is the worlds leading fabricator for themed environments for theme parks, attractions, zoos, aquariums, and museums. Fabrication capabilities include fiberglass, millwork, artificial rockwork, murals & sculpting, architectural and ornamentals and GFRC/GFRG.
With over 30 years in business, and projects completed in over 15 countries from the U.S. to Asia and everywhere in between, the sun never sets on Nassal legacy.